tisdag 20 januari 2009

Colombes

Ok, now I'll write a quick update about life here.

Colomb is the name of the place where I live. As I've said it's about ten minutes outside of Paris (I count Paris as the area where there's subway. The house is not very big, about the same size as Adam's. They do have a celler too though, only they don't use it except for stooring stuff. It's seriously so full you can barely walk in there and the floor's really cold. (That was a little exaggerated).

Anyway the family is still nice. Most of my chores consists of doing the laundery, iron (they iron everything, even underwear!) and cleaning. I also get to walk their supercute dog. Right now it takes pretty much time but I don't think that it will take more than 2-3 hours once I get used to it. Also, I'm still looking for a school. I would prefer to be in the same school the whole time I stay here because there is quite a large inscription fee. Problem is that only some of them have the higher levels that I will hopefully reach later.

They have lots of holidays here. I haven't discussed it with the mother yet, it would feel kind of stupid as I've just arrived, but they have to times two weeks of holiday. And there is no language school that time either. It might acctually be possible to be in Sweden that time. Though, I don't know what they will do with Victor, the dog, if they want to go away for the holidays.

About the mail I don't know what's wrong. It's simply impossible to open the home pages for hotmail, yahoo and gmail. They have "tradlost" here but I can't get it to work. It might be that it's the wrong code. I'll keep working on that. Right now I'm using the daughter's computer.

Keep commenting! =). For you who are really bored with me just describing my life I'll write something more general about stupid french stuff next time.

11 kommentarer:

  1. Good luck with the internet connection. And if you get it to work, and use Firefox, you might want to get English spellcheck. Also, I might comment on your language in a later comment.

    SvaraRadera
  2. Why are you going to go to school there?

    SvaraRadera
  3. Because I wanna learn french, that's why I'm here!

    SvaraRadera
  4. Sounds like things are going pretty well, no big problems. Hope you get the internet sorted out! And good luck with finding a good school!

    SvaraRadera
  5. Well you can learn french by just being there :P Like a regular uni or like a french for foreigners type thing?

    SvaraRadera
  6. A regular qoui? Yeah i'll probably learn some french without taking classes but I think I will learn more and faster if I take them.

    f.ö. internet fungerar! jag hittade den 26 siffr- och bokstaviga koden och skrev in den. sedan följde en spänd väntan på 30 sekunder och sedan fungerade internet! vilket underbart ögonblick. Nu har jag alltså trådlöst internet på min egen dator :D

    SvaraRadera
  7. And hence you also have access to a Swedish keyboard!

    SvaraRadera
  8. That's right viktor :).

    I don't really get what your saying gatito. the thing is that whatever school you go to here it costs money. weather it's the university or french for foreigners. it's that last type of school that I'm gonna go to. I've found one now and i'm starting monday.

    SvaraRadera
  9. C'est chouette. Bonne chance avec le cours!
    As-tu vu Hanna?

    SvaraRadera
  10. Oui, hier. Mais elle travail beaucoup et samedi elle va faire quelque chose de Taizé. Je vais la voir dimanche quand même. L'église suédoise a des réunions avec des jeunes suédois les dimanches.

    översättning: träffade henne igår. fast hon arbetar en massa och på lördag ska hon göra nåt med Taizé. men jag kommer ändå träffa henne på söndag eftersom svenska kyrkan har träffar för svenska ungdomar då.

    SvaraRadera